Welcome to the site of Bishnupriya Manipuri Books Online Gallery ***** http://www.bmbooksgallery.blogspot.com **** Readers are requested to submit information related to Bishnupriya Manipuri Literary Works and other queries at E-mail : bmlcgallery@gmail.com

Saturday, February 12, 2011

DAVID AND JONATHON - Poem by DILS Debojyoti Sinha





DAVID AND JONATHON
- DILS Debojyoti Sinha -

(Published in The Scroll, the wall magazine of the
Department of English, Gauhati University in 1981)

  
                   
Moving in vain and utter hopelessness
Lost the way and losing myself a man
Indulged in cheap pleasures; got no progress
Found myself a layman with a leman.

In such a scornful state I met you,
Like a blooming flower ever smiling
With a heap of knowledge and thoughts anew,
To my great ecstasy and strange feeling.

You showed me the way and where to be moved;
I heared and followed with a heart benign,
Though often I failed and unworthy proved
You forgave me with your sympathy divine.

Guide me for good in the life’s marathon
A wise David to a wayward Jonathon.

*****



Directory:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

**................ * BM BOOKS GALLERY ONLINE *********
...... Bishnupriya Manipuri Writers